“Personal Information” means any information provided by you, which can be used to identify you, such information includes but are not limited to your name, address or e-mail address.
Personal Information we collect, use and disclose
When collecting Personal Information, we collect it within necessary limits and collection will be carried out with a priority to ensure legality and fairness.
We may collect your Personal Information from you directly or from other entities which we work with such as shippers, consignee, freight forwarders, ship managers, masters, charterers, shipowners, suppliers, vendors, business partners, customers, brokers, real estate agents, government authorities, public or government agency, our other “K” Line Group Companies, your employer or recruiting agency (for recruitment). Personal Information we collect, use and disclose include:-
- Contact information such as your name, contact number, address and email;
- Identity information such as passport number and nationality;
- Payment information such as data necessary for processing payments including bank details;
- Recruitment and educational information such as CV/resume details and other similar information you may provide;
- Information required under applicable laws and regulations, professional obligations, internal policies and risk management procedures, such as record keeping obligations, taxation, fraud prevention, audit purposes, compliance screening and due diligence, sanctions regime and court order, whether in Singapore or elsewhere;
- Information relating to info-communication technology systems and processes, office equipment and facilities; and
- Photographs and other audio-visual information.
If you are submitting Personal Information of another individual to us, you confirm that it is true and correct and that all necessary consents have been obtained or that you are otherwise permitted to provide such Personal Information to us.
Purpose of collecting, using and disclosing of the Personal Information
We collect, use and disclose your Personal Information for the following purposes:-
- You have agreed to disclosure or passing it on;
- Where you have elsewhere given your consent to our collection, use and/or disclosure of your Personal Information;
- For verification of identity;
- Pre-contractual business discussions in order for us to provide our services, including responding to inquiries or requests from you;
- General operational and improvement of services, including arranging shipment, handling of payments, shipment clearance, arranging for onboarding of vessels, clearance of visitors/armed guards and crew change and all necessary clearance required to provide our services, so as to ensure proper functioning of our business operations and for us to perform our obligations;
- To facilitate our communication with you to ensure business continuity;
- Recruitment, administration and/or management of your employment with us;
- Assessment, administration and management of scholarship application(s) and/or internship(s) with us;
- For us to enter into and perform our contractual obligations to you, including payment purposes;
- For us to enter into any tenancy arrangements with you, which may include disclosing your Personal Information to our employees or agents on a strict to know basis and/or any relevant government authority;
- Management of our businesses and assets, including potential purchase/acquisition, restructuring or reorganisation of our business;
- Any urgent safety notices or where we reasonably believe that the processing of your Personal Information will prevent or reduce potential harm to you;
- Compliance with applicable laws, regulations, professional obligations, internal policies and risk management procedures, such as record keeping obligations, taxation, fraud prevention, whistleblowing, audit purposes, compliance screening and due diligence, sanctions regime and court order, whether in Singapore or elsewhere;
- Complying with or as required by any request or direction of any governmental authority, or responding to requests for information from public and governmental/ regulatory authorities or agencies, ministries, statutory boards or other similar authorities and for audit, compliance, investigation and inspection purposes;
- Preventing, detecting and investigating suspected or actual violations of laws, crimes (including fraud and/or other form of white-collar crimes) and/or non-compliances with our internal policies and rules;
- Publishing in publications and broadcasts for news, marketing and publicity purposes, such as newsletters, websites, social media platforms and/or any promotional materials by us and/or the “K” Line Group Companies and the respective agents, contractors, suppliers, third party service providers and/or partners;
- Resolving disputes and breaches of contractual agreements, enforcing our contractual agreements and establishing, exercising or defending legal claims;
- Investigative, security and verification (such as utilising electronic access and video systems to maintain security of persons or property) purposes;
- Where there is an urgent need to disclose your Personal Information in situations where there is an impending danger to human life, body or property, whether in Singapore or elsewhere;
- Where permitted by the PDPA or by laws without your consent;
- Record-keeping, storing, hosting, backing up (whether for disaster recovery or otherwise) of your Personal Information, whether within or outside Singapore;
- Conducting research, analysis and development activities (including but not limited to data analytics, surveys and/or profiling) to improve our products and services in order to enhance your relationship with us or for your benefit; and
- For any other purpose reasonably related to the above.
How we share your Personal Information
We will appropriately administer the handling of collected Personal Information and we may share/transfer your Personal Information to the following parties:-
- Other “K” Line Group Companies;
- Law enforcement authorities, public or government agency whether in Singapore or elsewhere, any domestic or foreign tax, revenue, fiscal or monetary authority or agency, judicial, administrative or regulatory bodies, courts or any agents thereof, having jurisdiction over us and/or any “K” Line Group Companies;
- Other third parties involved in the provision of our services, such as the port agents, port terminals, transport companies, hotels, shippers, consignee, freight forwarders, ship managers, masters, charterers, shipowners, underwriters, insurers, banks, suppliers, vendors, customers, brokers, business partners or messaging providers;
- Our and/or “K” Line Group Companies’ respective agents, contractors, suppliers or third party service providers, such as information technology service providers (including hosting providers, voyage management solutions providers and port cost management service providers), human resources management service providers, telecommunications providers, banks, car rental companies, real estate agents, training and professional development service providers, storage providers, insurers, advertising and marketing agencies or professional advisers (including lawyers and auditors);
- Other third parties as part of our sale of some or all of our business and assets to any third party or as part of any business restructuring or reorganisation;
- Anyone to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties;
- As permitted by the PDPA or by law, without your consent; and
- Any other person as reasonably required in connection with the purposes set forth in Section 2 above, whether in Singapore or elsewhere,
but only to the extent such transfer or disclosure is strictly necessary for the purposes and legal basis as set out above.
We do not sell any Personal Information to third party.
This website may contain links to other third party websites. Please note that we are not responsible for those sites. These sites may be subject to other privacy protection rules.
Protection of your Personal Information
We use appropriate technical, organisation and administrative security measures to protect your Personal Information from any loss, misuse or unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
We also limit access of your Personal Information to those who have a genuine business need to know.
Personal Information is being put under appropriate administration with required and reasonable protective measures under way to guard against unfair access, loss, falsification, leakage, etc. from the perspective of proper information technology and administration. However, there are always risks involved with providing Personal Information as no technology is completely risk-free or can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If any negligence in administration were to occur, such as leakage of such data, we would be in a position to take immediate and effective countermeasures as far as possible.
Retention of your Personal Information
We will not hold your Personal Information for any period longer than we believe is reasonably necessary for the purposes it was collected for or for such longer period as required for business or legal purposes.
When destroying your Personal Information, we will take commercially reasonable measures to make your Personal Information irrecoverable or irreproducible in accordance with the applicable law.
- Access Right
You have the right to request for access to your Personal Information we hold along with information about the ways in which your Personal Information has been or may have been used or disclosed by us within a year before the date of the request. We reserve the right to charge a reasonable administrative fee for any request of your Personal Information as permitted by applicable law. We also reserve the right to deny you access to your Personal Information as permitted by applicable law.
You have the right to request for the correction of your Personal Information should the Personal Information we hold about you be inaccurate. We also reserve the right to deny you correction to your Personal Information as permitted by applicable law.
- Withdrawing of Consent
You may submit a request to withdraw your consent for the collection, use and/or disclosure of your Personal Information by us at any time. Please do note that a withdrawal of your consent may affect our provision of services or performance of obligations to you. In such an event, we will first inform you of the consequences of such withdrawal.
Unless as otherwise expressly indicated at the time of collection, you may submit a request to our Data Protection Officer at the email address provided herein using our Request Form (download here) for the exercise of your rights above at any time. You will also be required to provide us with your proof of identity with our Request Form before we respond to the request.
We will respond to a request as soon as practicable and within thirty (30) days (although this may be extended in certain circumstances) from the date we receive your request (together with your proof of identity). If we are unable to process your request within thirty (30) days, we will inform you within the thirty (30)-day period of the reasonably soonest date that it can be completed.
- Access Right
Cross-Border Transfer of Personal Information
We may transmit your Personal Information to our parent company in Japan/USA and/or to such other third party as provided in Section 3 who may either be in Singapore or abroad. This means that your Personal Information may be transferred to and stored at destinations outside your country and Singapore. Prior to such transmission, we will ensure that such overseas recipients are bound by legally enforceable obligations to ensure that these overseas recipients provide a standard of protection to the Personal Information so transferred that is comparable to the protection under the PDPA.
Accuracy of Personal Information
We may periodically request for you to update your Personal Information to ensure your Personal Information is accurate and correct at all times.
A cookie is a small file that is placed on your computer by websites that you visit so that it can recognise you during your visit or across multiple visits. A cookie cannot gather information from your computer nor can it introduce a virus.
We use a cookie to validate that the request is coming from an actual user and is required in order for you to use this website. This cookie is erased when you close your browser.
We also use a third party cookie from Google Analytics. The cookie is persistent and will remain on your computer until it expires (has a 2-year life span) or until you delete it. Google Analytics allows us to collect information on the website usage e.g., number of visitors, the types of browsers and mobile devices used, geographic location and other statistics we use to improve our website. Google Analytics collects information anonymously. It reports website trends without identifying individual visitors.
You have the ability to clear cookies from your computer. Refer to your browser’s Help to manage cookies on your computer.
You can opt out of Google Analytics without it impacting your ability to use this website. To learn more, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We are committed to continuous improvements in the above items to assure complete protection of your Personal Information as well as to complying with every act and norm concerned.
If any of the terms herein is invalid or unenforceable, it will be struck out and the remaining terms will remain in force.
“K” Line Pte Ltd
1 Wallich Street #07-01 Guoco Tower
Attention: Data Protection Officer
Or email email@example.com